The main goal of the Sacurima COST Action is to reduce the burden of work-related deaths, injuries and illnesses in agriculture.
This COST Action will produce benchmarked and evidence-based recommendations to inform and guide national initiatives and efforts. The results will be made available to the scientific community, policy makers, vocational training, administrative and insurance personnel, farmers and practitioners working towards better social sustainability and safety culture in agriculture.
- Evaluate health and safety programmes and approaches on the national level.
- Identify knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and priorities among farmers regarding safety, health and risk management.
- Identify effective measures for training and integrating vulnerable populations (including refugees) into the agricultural workforce.
- Develop means and indicators for monitoring progress and evaluating the impact of interventions on injuries and illnesses in agriculture.
- Disseminate results to stakeholders and the agricultural community.